Do you want to support your community, but you don’t know where to start?
Volunteering Northland connects you to hundreds of organisations and community groups all over Te Tai Tokerau, Northland, that would be glad to have your help.
Volunteer work, or mahi aroha, is done out of one’s own free will, unpaid and for the common good. It fulfills an important role in our communities – without it, many essential services would struggle. Volunteers come from many backgrounds and with all levels of skills and abilities. Whether you have one free hour a day, week, or month, there's a volunteer opportunity for you.
Voluntering is great for the soul, but it can also help you:
- Improve self-esteem and confidence.
- Gain a sense of achievement and satisfaction.
- Gain a sense of inclusion within the community.
- Establish new friendships with people of similar interests.
- Explore new challenges and interests.
- Use personal skills in a new setting, gain recognition for your abilities.
- Learn new skills and get experience.
- Work for a cause that affects you personally.
- Develop patience and compassion.
- Increase knowledge of current issues faced in your community.