Volunteers wanted for weekly dance workshops for young people with disabilities - Whangarei
We have been in Northland for almost 3 years now, StarJam as a whole is 21 years old. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be part of our ever growing team in Whangarei.
Your role would be:
- Monitoring and responding to Jammers physical needs.
- Ensuring Jammers treat everyone present with respect and kindness.
- Be aware of StarJam’s values and ensure these are upheld in all of your interactions with StarJam.
- Liaising between Jammers, their families and StarJam, where appropriate.
- Any other task that could reasonably be considered to contribute to the well-being and enjoyment of Jammers enrolled in the workshop.
- Arrive at the venue fifteen minutes prior to the start of the workshop, and remain at the venue until all Jammers are seen safely collected by their parent/caregiver. Provide a report to StarJam by the final day of term.
- Support the workshop at two gigs and the workshop at a StarJam Disco.
- Attend the StarJam Summit and support the workshop at the End of Year Concert.
- 1 Hour orientation will be provided prior to your initial workshop.
- Ongoing support and mentoring.
- Annual summit
Previous work with young people and disabilities is not essential if you are the right fit.
Dance experience or skills also not essential.
If you are an enthusiastic, supportive and kind person who enjoys making other people feel good about themselves then this is for you.
Please get in touch for an interview - all ages welcome above 16years old
We need volunteers who are available weekly, once a week from 6:15pm to 8:15pm. (Term time only) Currently we have a vacancy for Mondays and Tuesdays but are looking to open more workshops so please do get in touch.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.