Our mission is to promote good will and understanding within society, by preventing unruly behaviour and nuturing customs and cultures, thus enabling the development of all people towards the fulfilment of the individual and the community potential. We want to ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of all people in attendance at functions that we are asked to attend.
The strength of Māori Warden’s is their intimate knowledge of, and close connection to their local communities. The guiding principles of a Māori Warden is respect, awhi, aroha, and whānaungatanga.
Today there are approximately 900 Māori Wardens all over Aotearoa who volunteer their time to supporting others in our communities. We are looking for more volunteers to support our work in the community with:
- checking on our kaumātua and kuia and our tamariki and rangatahi to make sure they are safe and well cared for
- helping out at events
- helping to fundraise for community efforts
- grocery and medicine pick ups and drop offs
- supportive, with genuine care for your whānau and community
- hands-on and happy to help with whatever is needed
- able to appreciate Te Reo, with understanding of Tikanga Māori
Timing is flexible.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.