Radio Lollipop Volunteer
Radio Lollipop supports children and their families/whanau by providing care, comfort and play, through activities and games for children on Ward 2 at the Whangarei Base Hospital from 5.30pm - 8.30pm. Volunteers would attend one sessions per week.
Full training will be provided before you visit children on the wards as well as an annual refresher session.
- Training sessions must be completed to become a volunteer.
- A medical questionnaire and a police check need to be completed because the volunteers are working in the hospital environment with children.
Each volunteer brings their own unique strengths / imaginations to children in hospital. You will need to be adaptable and sensitive to provide times of quiet play and times of more upbeat fun with a wide range of age groups (babies through to teenagers).
You will be required to be a team player with a good understanding of hospital and Radio Lollipop expectations.
- Attend an Information Evening
- Be at least 18 years old
- Agree to NZ Police Vetting
- Provide two Referee's
- Be available to attend Training Sessions
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
The next Information Evening and Volunteer Intake will be March 21st, 2024.
5:30pm - 8:30pm. Volunteers would attend one session per week.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.