Become a Foster Carer
Bay of Islands Animal Rescue is looking for committed people who can offer short term care to needy pets in their own homes.
Would you like a pet but are not in a position to give long term commitment?
Do you have a spare room you could offer a needy cat or time to devote to cheering up an unhappy dog?
If you can’t have a pet of your own or aren’t able to foster would you like to help by fund raising or sponsoring a dog?
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Bay of Islands Animal Rescue pets in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Pets might be recuperating from operations, too young to rehome yet
- You may also offer to foster pregnant females or mums and litters
- You will be providing all the care they need by feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming – don’t worry we can provide materials if needed
- Experience of handling and caring for pets
- You need to live within an hour of the central Bay of Islands and have use of suitable transport
- A spare room if fostering cats, a garden is beneficial if fostering dogs
- Willingness to learn and follow Bay of Islands Animal Rescue procedures
- Competent, flexible and self-motivated
- Above all to be kind and patient
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.