We've proudly served the Whangarei community for over 60 years! Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief - our community is what we make it. That's because we help where help is needed. In short, We Serve.
Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
- Donated funds to Whangarei Community groups and Charities over the past 12 months.
- Hosted the annual Whangarei Lions Fireworks Display.
- Held the World-famous-in-Whangarei annual Corporate Charity Golf Tournament.
- Facilitated the annual World Festival of Magic "NZ" in Whangarei.
- Ran the annual Whangarei Christmas Toy Appeal.
- Ran the annual Citrus for the South appeal for Christchurch & Dunedin.
- Supported Relay for Life Northland.
- Fundraised for Stroke Foudation Appeal, Daffodil Day (Cancer Society), Red Puppy Appeal (Guide Dogs), Tree of Rememberance Collection (Hospice), Blind Foundation, Heart Foundation, etc.
- Have fundraised for The Choose Life Campaign, The Tikipunga High School Learning Centre, Whangarei SPCA, Northland Multiple Sclerosis Society, Brain Injury Association, Riding for the Disabled, Whangarei BMX Club, Project Promise and Soul Food Trust - feeding Whangarei's Homeless.
- Sponsored youth to attend R Tucker Thompson.