Data protection legislation applies to “personal data” such as a name, home address or mobile telephone number and regulates how that data is collected, held and processed. Data protection is governed by the Privacy Act 2020.
We use your information because you have consented to us doing so in order to provide a service to you, being one or more of the following:
- You requested to be referred to a volunteer role at a non-profit organisation.
- You asked us to suggest suitable volunteer roles.
- You signed up for training or an event we organise.
We process the following personal data about you when you use our service:
- Contact information provided by you, your name, phone-number and email address.
- As part of your personal profile, you may choose to submit additional information such as your gender, where you are located, what motivates you to volunteer, your interests, skills, availability, age-group, etc.
- Information relating to your use of our services including opportunities you have applied for, training or events you attended and feedback you provided.
Provide you with recommendations of volunteer opportunities that match your interests.
- When you explicitly apply to one or more volunteer opportunities we will forward your details to the volunteer coordinators in New Zealand we work with so that they can contact you.
- Compile attendance lists for training and other events you signed up for and send you reminders close to the event date.
- Ask you for individual feedback or filling out a survey.
- We may also use it for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
How to view, change or update your personal data:
- You can login using your email address and access your personal data.
- You can contact or visit us to view, change or update your personal data.
Your details are removed from our files in the following circumstances:
- You request us to remove them.
- You have not used our service for a long period of time.