Weekly dance workshops for young people with disabilities.
StarJam inspires young people with disabilities (our Jammers) to express themselves through music, dance, singing and performance. Our workshops, gigs and discos are fun and exciting spaces for Jammers to grow in confidence, discover musical and performance talents and make lifelong friends
We have been in Northland for 20 months, we have recently setup in KeriKeri and are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be part of the team.
Your role would be:
We need volunteers who are available weekly, once a week from 6:15pm to 8:15pm. (Term time only) Currently we have a vacancy for Wednesdays but are looking to open more workshops so please do get in touch.
- Monitoring and responding to Jammers physical needs.
- Ensuring Jammers treat everyone present with respect and kindness.
- Be aware of StarJam’s values and ensure these are upheld in all of your interactions with StarJam.
- Liaising between Jammers, their families and StarJam, where appropriate.
- Any other task that could reasonably be considered to contribute to the well-being and enjoyment of Jammers enrolled in the workshop.
- Arrive at the venue fifteen minutes prior to the start of the workshop, and remain atthe venue until all Jammers are seen safely collected by their parent/caregiver. Provide a report to StarJam by the final day of term.
- Support the workshop at two gigs and the workshop at a StarJam Disco.
- Attend the StarJam Summit and support the workshop at the End of Year Concert.
- 1 Hour orientation will be provided prior to your initial workshop.
- On going support and mentoring.
- Annual summit
- Previous work with young people and disabilities is not essential if you are the right fit.
- Dance experience or skills also not essential.
- If you are an enthusiastic, supportive and kind person who enjoys making other people feel good about themselves then this is for you.
- Please get in touch for an interview - all ages welcome.