Drop-in Clinic Host Friday – Whangarei (Kensington)
Whanau Awhina Plunket Whangarei is looking for a special someone to host our Drop-In Clinic.
We have weekly Drop-in Clinic on Wednesday morning and on Friday morning from 9am to 12pm.
This opportunity is for the Friday
mornings from 9am to 12pm.
This role is all about being the first to smile, the first to say hello, the first to make someone feel they are seen.
If your application is successful, you will:
- To be warm and welcoming to clients arriving to the Drop-in Clinic;
- be able to organise the order of clients as they come in and work alongside staff to have the clients seen;
- offer drinks for those waiting;
- show effective communication skills for occasional unexpected responses from clients (such as upset by waiting or anxious clients);
- keep the waiting area clean and tidy;
- work within Covid19 guidelines (eg protection gear, prescreening, possibly at cars if back in red)
- help staff set up prior to start (as required);
- place out the recycling.
This role offers you an opportunity to become an ambassador for Whanau Awhina Plunket and help make a genuine difference in the lives of young families.
A volunteer application process will need to be undertaken and full training will be provided.
No prior experience necessary, but we are looking for someone who:
- shares our passion for the work of Whanau Awhina Plunket;
- is warm and has good people skills;
- is confident with babies and young children;
- demonstrates an ability to self-motivate, take initiative and work without supervision.
Volunteers also need to be reliable in a position to make a medium to long-term commitment to the role.