Community Ministries Part Time Receptionist
Whangarei Community Ministries (CM) operates from our Whangarei Corps and Community Centre; Assessing, Advocating, Connecting and Engaging with our community towards healthy and sustainable lives.
We are looking for someone to support us to be the welcoming face on reception and assist staff with administration tasks.
- Monitor the front desk and assist with incoming enquiries.
- Direct any enquiries to relevant staff for further assistance.
- Support staff with administrative tasks as required
On the job training with NZQA accredited training available after qualifying period if volunteers want to do so. Training will be tailored to suit each volunteer.
- Ability to understand and relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds with sensitivity, care, and patience.
- Understanding of, respect for, and ability to work with The Salvation Army's mission, principles, and Christian ethos
- Works well within a team, great working relationships with staff, service users, peers.
- Excellent customer service skills. Including good telephony skills and manner.
- Ability to resolve conflict and to solve problems with tact, discretion and confidentiality
- The ability and confidence to de-escalate clients that may be stressed or aggressive
- Initiative tempered with care and foresight.
- Good organisational skills. The ideal person will prioritise their commitments, using time efficiently and effectively
- Thorough attention to detail, especially in client records, data collection and designated reporting tasks.
- Computer literate, experienced working with client database systems.
- A proactive solution focused approach to problem solving. A practical approach and ability to identify creative solutions.