Community Ministries Wellbeing Workers
Whangarei Community Ministries (CM) operates from our Whangarei Corps and Community Centre; Assessing, Advocating, Connecting and Engaging with our community towards healthy and sustainable lives.
We are seeking two people to join a passionate team to deliver a professional, empathetic, effective service and provide holistic care in a diverse community.
- Advance the mission of The Salvation Army
- Working with individuals and family to overcome hardship
- Providing assistance to access social services and support
- Alleviating the impact of poverty through the provision of tangible items
- Wellbeing Relationship and Engagement
- Practice Frameworks and Reporting
Tuesday - Friday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (1 hour lunch break). Times and days to be discussed
On the job training with NZQA accredited training available after qualifying period if volunteers want to do so. Training will be tailored to suit each volunteer.
- Ability to understand and relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds with sensitivity, care, and patience.
- Understanding of, respect for, and ability to work with The Salvation Army's mission, principles, and Christian ethos
- Works well within a team, great working relationships with staff, service users, peers.
- Excellent customer service skills. Including good telephony skills and manner.
- Ability to resolve conflict and to solve problems with tact, discretion and confidentiality
- The ability and confidence to de-escalate clients that may be stressed or aggressive
- Initiative tempered with care and foresight.
- Good organisational skills. The ideal person will prioritise their commitments, using time efficiently and effectively
- Thorough attention to detail, especially in client records, data collection and designated reporting tasks.
- Computer literate, experienced working with client database systems.
- A proactive solution focused approach to problem solving. A practical approach and ability to identify creative solutions.