Community Ministries Social Supermarket key worker
Whangarei Community Ministries (CM) operates from our Whangarei Corps and Community Centre; Assessing, Advocating, Connecting and Engaging with our community towards healthy and sustainable lives.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person to join a passionate team to deliver an empathetic, effective service. A vital part of a team that offers service to community members experiencing food insecurity and poverty. We are looking for someone who is able to do up to 20 hours a week.
The Food support worker is responsible for;
- supporting where needed in the foodbank, either delivering or picking up food
- Cleaning and stacking shelves
- preparing kai parcels
- work efficiently in a team.
On the job training with NZQA accredited training available after qualifying period if volunteers want to do so. Training will be tailored to suit each volunteer.
- Ability to understand and relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds with sensitivity, care, and patience.
- Understanding of, respect for, and ability to work with The Salvation Army's mission, principles, and Christian ethos
- Works well within a team, great working relationships with staff, service users, peers.
- Excellent customer service skills. Including good telephony skills and manner.
- Ability to resolve conflict and to solve problems with tact, discretion and confidentiality
- The ability and confidence to de-escalate clients that may be stressed or aggressive
- Initiative tempered with care and foresight.
- Good organisational skills. The ideal person will prioritise their commitments, using time efficiently and effectively
- Thorough attention to detail, especially in client records, data collection and designated reporting tasks.
- Computer literate, experienced working with client database systems.
- A proactive solution focused approach to problem solving. A practical approach and ability to identify creative solutions.