Bay of Islands Waldorf Education Trust (BOIWET) is a community organisation that is committed to the educational philosophies of Rudolf Steiner. We work in a variety of ways to highlight the importance of child development theories in the application of teaching, and to engender the skills and confidence in the young child so that they grow into free, morally responsible and integrated person.Position title: TrusteeLocation Bay of Island
Hours: 10-15 hours per monthPurpose:
Trustees play an integral role in overseeing the organisation’s strategic direction, working alongside fellow trustees and staff. Each trustee has a specific portfolio area to consider that aligns with their interests and strengths. Those roles include personnel, property, health & safety, marketing, fundraising, curriculum and finance.
The trust employs management staff to undertake regular duties, the trustee’s role is one of direction setting, oversight and assurance.KEY TASKSMonthly
- Provide reports to the board on progress for specific portfolio developments.
- Review organisational policies and plans and participate in board decision-making.
- Attend board meetings once a month and provide a verbal update on reports, respond to any questions.
- Provide ad-hoc guidance and direction to staff on specific developments within the trustee’s portfolio.
- Ensure appropriate review of the organisation’s policies and performance as it relates to the trustees portfolio
- Provide to the AGM any reporting requirements related to trustee’s portfolio
- Industry/skills support as necessary
- Integral and honest, as the kaitiaki of our Waldorf education you must demonstrate your integrity and respect for processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different people with varying backgrounds
- Ability to work independently when required
- Experience on a board, in a governance role or as a trustee of an organisation
- Experience in New Zealand education sector, especially early childhood level
- Knowledge, understanding of and interest in Steiner philosophy particularly to do with education
- Lives in the Bay of Islands region
- Ability to commit to a two-year term as trustee
- Clear police vetting check
- Child development
- Waldorf education
- Home schooling
- Education industry and governance