Operations Support Volunteer - Whangarei
- Support your local Hato Hone St John ambulance station
- Based in Whangarei
- Time to make a difference?
Volunteering as an Operations Support Volunteer is an important role that provides support to the Operational staff by assisting with the coordination of resources and other on station duties such as:
- Assisting with checking, restocking, and cleaning of spare ambulances and equipment ready for operational use
- Delivering ambulances to service providers for repairs and maintenance
- Contributing proactively as a member of the team, working to make things better
All appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of pre-appointment checks including, but not limited to, drug testing, physical assessment and health check.
For clinical operations roles where you are required to drive, you will be required to meet Hato Hone St John medical standards
Anyone intending to work or volunteer within Hato Hone St John are required to comply with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. Booster vaccinations are required within a 6-month period of receiving your second vaccination. This means you will need to be fully vaccinated, including having or intending to receive your Booster prior to your commencement date. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be requested as part of the recruitment process. This applies to all roles in St John.
For further information contact Lyndon Reed, Operations Support Manager or Tanya Jeffery, Recruitment Experience Advisor on 0800 STJOHN.Applications close: Monday, 26th September 2022
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles as well as commitment to delivering equitable outcomes in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te āniwaniwa, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e
The successful candidate will receive specific training to the role, free First Aid course and all the membership benefits St John offers - which also includes free ambulance service to direct family
For this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities while retaining a sense of balance and humour
- Hold a full NZ drivers licence
- Be a team player
- Be able to relate to a wide range of people