Kaikohe Hub Whānau and Administration Support
Position title: Kaikohe Hub Volunteer
Location Kaikohe Hub, 119 Broadway, Kaikohe, 0405
Hours: 10:00 until 14:00 on days negotiated
Purpose: To welcome whānau to our Hub, assist staff with administration tasks, and support the smooth running of the Hub.
1. Make people feel welcome at our Hub and provide orientation for whānau who are new to the space.
2. Monitor the front desk (including relevant intake forms and tally) and engage with whānau to identify possible needs.
3. Refer whānau to relevant staff for further assistance.
4. Support staff with administrative tasks as required (e.g., printing or scanning of documents and entering clients into our database).
5. Complete a brief written handover in the handover book for the coordinator to follow up (e.g., possible incidents or items/services required). This may merely be a very brief addition to the handover reports completed by staff.
6. Support staff in keeping our space clean and tidy at all times.
1. Orientation/induction and possible other personal/professional development opportunities may be available, relevant to your role.
1. Friendly and able to get along with others and work as part of a team as well as independently.
2. Non-judgemental, empathetic, and open-minded attitude.
3. Ability to put people at ease and make them feel welcome.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Passion and commitment to empowering whānau and striving toward social justice.
6. Ability to think on your feet and prioritise tasks.
1. 155 staff and Hub partners onsite at the Kaikohe Hub.
2. Other social/legal services in Kaikohe.
3. Kaikohe Hub whānau.
MINISTRY OF JUSTICE CHECK: A Ministry of Justice Check is required for this position.
3 volunteers needed