Ambulance and Events Volunteers - DargavilleBased in Dargaville? Time to make a difference? Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer role?
Volunteering as an Ambulance and Events officer is a big commitment that provides huge rewards. By working on community events and on an ambulance your role is varied, but the focus is always on providing quality care to patients.
Our Ambulance volunteers provide care and support to our patients through their journey which may start at a 111 call and end either being referred to another health care provider, treated on scene, or transported to a medical facility. As an Events volunteer you could be covering anything from local and international sports events, to school fairs or a rock concert.
There are many benefits to becoming a Hato Hone St John volunteer: NZQA recognised training, potential to progress toward gaining the National Diploma in Ambulance, work in a strong team environment, gain leadership and communication skills, Hato Hone St John membership benefits like Hato Hone St John services discounts, and more.
You need to be available for regular duty and training (approximately two 12-hour shifts and one training session per month).
Applications close: midnight, Wednesday 31st of August 2022
We will give you all the support and education needed to make you safe and effective in the field. You will take courses in Operations Induction, an Operations Risk Management, Ambulance Driving, First Response and more. Once accepted, your online and classroom training will take around 6-9 months to complete.
You will have a desire to help people in a compassionate and professional way, embracing the diversity our communities offer, be committed to continuous learning and training, and display Hato Hone St John's core values. Without question, you will be trustworthy and reliable, able to display excellent communication skills (written and oral), have great time management and be computer literate.What else do you need as a volunteer?
- A full and clean NZ driver's licence for at least 12 months or have completed an approved NZTA advanced driving course (if full licence held for less than 12 months)
- 18 years of age or over
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status
- Clean Police record
- Pass the Hato Hone St John assessment requirements (physical, interview, literacy/numeracy test)
- Pass pre-appointment drug screening and health questionnaire
- Requirement to comply with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. You will need to be fully vaccinated, including having or intending to receive your Booster prior to your commencement date.