Youth Board Member Volunteering Northland
Do you think volunteer work is doing a whole lot of good in your community? Do you want to support the amazing mahi of the people around you and help others? Volunteering Northland is looking for new youth board members! We are the community connector for Te Tai Tokerau and support the work of hundreds of local community groups in finding volunteers. And not just that - we do have many programmes and courses that help volunteers and organisations to upskill.
If you are enthusiastic and interested in helping promote and guide volunteer engagement in Te Tai Tokerau, we want to hear from you! You don't have to be experienced to take on a youth role on our board. You just have to bring passion for your community, the will to learn and share your opinion.
What you will get out of being a board member:
- the chance to make a difference in your community and see the impact of your work
- you get to know the Te Tai Tokerau community sector and make new connections
- you get mentored by experienced board members
- you gain knowledge on and skills in strategic thinking, finances, policies, health & safety, and many more
- you can take free professional development courses (first aid, de-escalation, governance and more)
- you gain valuable experience for your CV
You will be asked to attend the board meetings bi-monthly on Thursday evenings.
Induction by the other board members and manager.
You will be mentored by one of the board members throughout your time on the board.
You will be invited to take part in any professional development courses we offer to our staff - governance, first aid and other workshops.
- passion for helping your community and for volunteering
- willing to share your thoughts and perspective
- willing to learn