Skills for Life Funding Officer
Skills for Life offers learning opportunities to committed and motivated individuals needing support with mental health issues.
We are looking for a funding officer to make our future projects a reality and ensure that we can continue to offer our services. You don't need to be experienced with funding applications, as we will support you in the beginning. You just need to be willing to show initiative and learn.
As part of your role, you will:
- seek out funding opportunities and be on a constant lookout for new funding and revenue avenues
- manage the funding calendar to ensure we meet deadlines for applications and accountability milestones
- have the ability to understand a project concept and prepare funding applications that showcase our projects and appeal to funders.
- prepare accountability reports for funders to present our successful projects
This volunteer position is suited for a person who has well developed communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to tell a story and prepare compelling funding applications.
Volunteer hours and location:
Initially, we ask you to come into our office in Whangarei and attend our monthly board meetings to introduce you to the role and the organisation. We provide you with a space to work and a laptop. After the induction period, you can work from anywhere
We estimate the volunteers hours to be half a day once a week
in the beginning, slightly less after your induction period.
You will work with the Manager, who will induct you, and occasionally the board.
- good writing and communication skills
- ability to tell a great story