Digital Project Support
Volunteering Northland is Te Tai Tokerau’s community connector. We connect and strengthen the community and voluntary sector through volunteer engagement, professional development, networking opportunities, support and mentoring services.
We are updating our website and volunteer referral system to adapt to the changing times. Our system is critical for the service we offer the community, and we are looking for help with updating and adapting our data sets once we have transitioned to the new system.
We would love to welcome a community-minded person that helps us:
- going through records and updating data sets
- contacting organisations and volunteers via phone and email to make sure that everything is up to date
- pulling together introduction texts and other information from various sources and updating the organisation's logos
You don't need to be a computer genius, but you should be confident in using computer systems in your day-to-day life.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 3 - 8 hours weekly over the course of 2 months. The hours are flexible between 9am and 5pm Mondays to Fridays.
We will give you an induction on how to use our new system and how to update the data records. You will be able to ask the coordinator questions at any time.
- friendly and communicative
- basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office and internet browser)
- Understanding of and experience with content management systems preferred, but if you are a quick learner we can teach you