Youth leader/Unit Leader Required for Kaitaia Guide Club
Are you interested in providing girls and young women opportunities to build resilience, confidence, and a strong sense of identity?
We require volunteers to help lead our Kaitaia Guide Club on Tuesday 15:30-17:00 term time only.
We are looking for someone with ‘a bit of oomph’, a creative mind, and a willingness to develop their own skills and experiences.
Meet new people and become part of a worldwide network During the school term our GGNZ leaders: Attend a weekly session (in person) for up to two hours
· Helping plan the term's activities and deliver them to the girls
· Complete occasional evening / weekend training as required
· Attend occasional leader / planning meetings, and trips or camps.
Kaitaia Guide Clubis located in Kaitaia, Auckland and you will be supporting girls aged between 9 -12.5 years.
The units meet term-time only on weeknights or weekends.
This role would require 2-3 hour a week commitment for planning and running activities. If this doesn’t suit, we would love to talk with you about other more flexible options that may suit.
There is no experience needed, but we need reliable volunteers and previous experience working with youth is an advantage.
GirlGuiding New Zealand 's health and safety policy also has requirements around adult to child ratios, so this opportunity is best suited to someone older than 18.
As a volunteer you will:
· Have a passion to inspire girls and young women to reach their full potential and learn new skills
· Be encouraging, assertive and patient
· Be a hands-on leader and learner
GirlGuiding New Zealand's health and safety policy requires that you pass a Police check, and adhere to the child safety policies of GirlGuiding New Zealand
2 volunteers needed