Youth Leaders wanted- GirlGuidingNZ
Are you interested in providing girls and young women opportunities to build resilience, confidence, and a strong sense of identity?
We want more good people to come and do great things with us. Join our passionate and supportive team in a well-established, long standing organisation.
We urgently require volunteers to engage with our girls in units in Kaitaia. We are looking for someone with ‘a bit of oomph’, a creative mind, and a willingness to develop their own skills and experiences.
All training is provided, and this is a mix of face-to-face and virtual. In addition, all new leaders are matched up with an experienced Mentor, to help show you the ropes.
As a volunteer you will:
- Have a passion to inspire girls and young women to reach their full potential and learn new skills
- Be encouraging, assertive and patient
- Be a hands-on leader and learner
- Be able to engage with people online and in person, and be creative if required to adapt due to COVID
- Meet new people and become part of a worldwide network
During the school term our GGNZ leaders:
- Attend a weekly session (in person or online) for up to two hours
- Helping plan the term's activities and deliver them to the girls
- Complete occasional evening / weekend training as required
- Attend occasional leader / planning meetings, and trips or camps
In Kaitaia there are currently opportunities to work with girls aged between 5-7 (Pippins) 7-9 (Brownies) 9 -12 (Guides) and 12-17 (Rangers).
There is no experience needed, but we need reliable volunteers and previous experience working with youth is an advantage.
GirlGuiding New Zealand 's health and safety policy also has requirements around adult to child ratios, so this opportunity is best suited to someone older than 18.
2 volunteers needed