Greenways Trust provides support for adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities, including residential housing as close to family living as possible, supported employment and community participation. We run activities for our residents over the whole week, from sports activities with the Special Olympics to outings in the Dargaville region.We are looking for new local board members (Dargaville and surrounds) to join our Board of Trustees. We meet once a month for a few hours and support events and other activities of the trust in between.
Our Board of Trustees plays an integral part in governing the trust and making sure everything we do supports our vision: People supported by Greenways Trust are living happy, fulfilled lives that have meaning to them.
Your individual expertise and enthusiasm are welcomed and highly valued in guiding the trust's activities.
What you will do as a Board Member:
- regular preparation and attendance at board meetings and important related meetings
- communicating well with other board members and actively participating in discussions outside of the meetings via email
- strategic planning, evaluation and planning activities
- financial management and checking financial reports
- putting your hand up for assignments
- be an active advocate and ambassador for the organisation
After you are referred, we will contact you to answer any questions you have and ask you to send in your CV.
Induction by the other board members and the general manager provided.
- enthusiastic about our mission and vision
- good communicator
- reliable and detail-oriented
- willing to acquire knowledge of the organisation's mission, policies, programs and needs
- serious commitment to participate actively in committee work
- vaccinated following government guidelines (double vaxxed and boostered)