155 Open Arms - Kitchen Support
Open Arms Day Centre is a space that supports our homeless and those in the community seeking assistance that are in hardship. We a looking for people who want to be part of our team and care about providing real support to our community.
We are looking for volunteers to support our busy cooks and kitchen. We provide breakfast and lunch services to our visitors and this role will include activities such as:
- Helping with meal prep
- Clearing/pack up/down of services
- Cleaning - helping make sure the space is clean and ready for the next shift
We are open Monday to Saturday and are looking for support mainly on Monday and Wednesday, sometimes Tuesday - the shifts are from 9am - 1pm. We are ideally looking for people who can commit to one shift on a weekly basis.
- Orientation and in house training will be provided
- Induction from HR will be provided
- Previous kitchen work favourable, but not essential
- Happy to get stuck into a variety of tasks to support the kitchen and the cook - whatever is needed on that day
- Happy interacting with people and being part of a team
- Able ask for help from other team members if needed