155 Open Arms - Kitchen and Dining Room Support
Open Arms Day Centre is a space that supports our homeless and those in the community seeking assistance that are in hardship. We a looking for people who want to be part of our team and care about providing real support to our community.
We are looking for volunteers to support to smooth running of our dining room. We provide breakfast and lunch services to our visitors.
This role is to support the safe and efficient functioning of the kitchen and dining area.
- Assist with serving lunch.
- Ensure the dining room is kept tidy and supplies are topped up (milk, cups, spoons, tea, coffee, sugar).
- Wipe down tables before and after lunch.
- Vacuum dining room after lunch.
- Collect, rinse, load and unload dishes from dishwasher.
- Make guests feel welcome.
- Fill required kitchen supplies.
- Assist cook when help is needed.
We are open Monday to Saturday and are looking for support during weekdays between 9.30 and 1.00 (will include a lunch break with lunch provided). We are ideally looking for people who can commit to one shift on a weekly basis.
Currently we are looking for someone to help on a Tuesday.
- Orientation and in house training will be provided
- Induction from HR will be provided
- Basic food safety training provided
- Happy to get stuck into a variety of tasks to support the kitchen and the cook - whatever is needed on that day
- Able ask for help from other team members if needed
- Friendly and able to get along with others and work as part of a team.
- Non-judgemental attitude.
- Ability to put people at ease and make them feel welcome.
- Ability to think on your feet and prioritise tasks.