Volunteer for community swimming at Tikipunga High School swimming pool
The Tikipunga High School swimming pool is now open to the community every day starting 11 December to the end of January (except Christmas and New Year Statutory holidays) from 12.00-6.00pm. Then for reduced hours from the beginning of February until 13 March. We welcome the help of volunteers who would go on a roster between 1.30-4.00pm to check in the swimmers as they arrive and freeing up the life guards to do their job.
- Help put up the gazebos and take them down before you leave at 4.00pm
- Allocate a wrist label to those who have paid their gold coin into the honesty box
- Ensure those coming into the pool premises follow Covid-19 requirements - signing in or using QR code; scanning vaccination certificates.
- Ensure under 3s are wearing a swim proof nappy (under 3s don’t pay, but CLM nappies are $3)
- Record the numbers on CLM’s statistics sheets – kept with the wrist labels.
- Ensure those at the pool who are not swimming respect the pool by not riding bikes or scooters around the inside of the pool, do not through litter around, are not running around the pool surrounds and conform to appropriate poolside behaviour.
- Relieve the Life-guards (one at a time) for a 15-minute break each, when there are less than 50 swimmers in the pool.
- Help the life-guards ensure there are never more than 50 swimmers in the pool at one time (i.e. this may mean closing the gates to further swimmers coming in).
We are required to follow Covid-19 requirements, volunteers will need to have a vaccination pass.
Vaccination passes required.