Meet & Greet Volunteer for Rongoā Māori Clinic in Kaitaia Hospital
Our mission is to contribute towards transforming Hauora Māori from one of our country's most significant health risks to one of our most outstanding achievements for the people of Aotearoa, New Zealand. We maintain a kaupapa Māori approach to health and wellbeing with practices consistent within a Māori worldview. Rongoā Māori Kaupapa is holistic and inclusive, supporting the health and wellbeing of the individual, their whānau, hapu and iwi. Enabling Māori to access culturally appropriate care in Māori values nurtures cultural identity and affirms the legitimacy of mātauranga Māori.
The ability of the Trust to offer these services is only made possible by the continued support of volunteers.
We are currently looking for welcoming and supportive Meet and Greet volunteers for our Rongoā Māori Clinic in Kaitaia Hospital. The timing is flexible, so you can fit it in with your schedule.
In this role you will support our patients at the clinic. Your focus will be on welcoming them and asking the 4 questions, helping them to scan and sign in, and providing a safe space for them to express their needs. You will also help the patients exit and in general meet them where they are, to help them feel valued, taken seriously and cared for.
This is a very rewarding role for someone who wants to help out their community in a meaningful, caring way.
- Induction to Te Houtaewa Maori Charitable Trust and Rongoā Māori Clinic in Kaitaia Hospital
- Full training will be supported by management.
- welcoming and supportive, with genuine care for our patients
- sensitivity towards those who are sick
- have an understanding of traditional healing practices, Rongoā Māori
- hands-on and happy to help with whatever is needed
- able to speak Te Reo, with some understanding of Tikanga Māori