Christmas in Kerikeri - Event & Project Support
Kerikeri is coming alive this Christmas! Back in 2019 when we consulted with the community spoke loud and clear about our lack of Christmas in Kerikeri! Our Trust wants to change this. We started last year with Kerikeri’s first ever Christmas tree that lit up at night as well as upcycled pallet Christmas Trees where retailers displayed their pallet tree for a People’s choice competition. The spirit in Kerikeri was alive and positive. It was a great success!
This year, we are going bigger. As Lion’s Club are no longer active, we have taken over the Christmas Parade. Plans are in place to:
- Close the centre of town to vehicles on Friday, 26th November 5.30pm until late
- Have a carbon neutral parade
- Late night shopping
- Roving characters, activities, competitions, and live entertainment
- And the finale of an 8 metre, fully programmable Christmas Tree! (subject to funding and COVID delays).
We need volunteers to assist us bring this to life.
There are many volunteer requirements to make this evening a success, including:
- Managing the best business display, house and street competition
- Facebook marketing including ensuring business sponsor’s are marketed according to sponsorship agreements
- Health and Safety requirements for the evening event
- Creative execution of roving characters, Santa’s Grotto, lighting and Christmas Decorations
- Organising live entertainment for the evening
- Coordinating street stalls
- Liaising with media company
The plan is in place, funding applications in, business sponsors signed up, marketing underway, but there is much more to be done!
Whether you can offer an hour a week, or 10, we want to hear from you!
- A passion for Kerikeri and its community