Support for Special Olympics Soccer/ Swimming/ 10 pin bowling Group
Greenways Trust provides support for adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities, including residential housing as close to family living as possible, supported employment and community participation. We run activities for our residents over the whole week, from sports activities with the Special Olympics to outings in the Dargaville region.
Volunteers of the Trust play a big part in adding social and cultural interactions and are welcomed and highly valued for the diversity they bring to complement our service.We would love your support with one or more of these weekly groups:
- pick up, drop off and help supervise the soccer group on Sunday afternoon between 2pm and 4pm. If you want to, you can even play soccer yourself and teach the group a few skills.
- pick up, drop off and supervise the swimming group on Wednesday afternoon 3 - 5pm
- drive 10-pin bowling team to and from their 10 pin bowling practice in Whangarei on Sundays. Pick-up at 8.30am and drop-off at 1pm back in Dargaville. You are very welcome to bowl with the team.
No training needed. A van is available for you to use.
- Be available to drop off/pick up
- Friendly person who is happy to help support others
- Full drivers licence
- vaccinated following government guidelines (double vaxxed and boostered)