Community Event Supporter
Circus Kumarani is a community-based organization using circus, creativity and social arts to promote wellness and build connections. We provide free access to circus spaces at community events across the Northland region.
We are looking for people to support our presence at these events by supervising the community circus spaces. You will be accompanied by another Circus Kumarani contributor - encouraging people of all ages and abilities to participate in circus skills and play, in a safe and controlled environment.
Circus Kumarani is an equal opportunity provider. We encourage people of all ages and abilities to apply. Description of Opportunity
Time Commitment and Location
- Supervising the community circus space
- Ensuring all props remain within the space,
- Limiting the number of participants in the space to a safe number,
- Assisting with the set-up or pack-down of the space
- Providing encouragement and support of all participants in the space to try new things and develop their skill sets
- This is an ad-hoc based role, ideally for 2 hours per event.
- Hours and days can be flexible to fit with the person
- Locations vary depending on the event, however they generally are within the Whangarei or Dargaville/Kaipara areas.
- Thorough induction provided
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Circus skills education
- May be eligible for receiving their First Aid certificate after some time
- We are happy to offer career development opportunities where possible
- A positive attitude and kindness towards people of all ages and abilities
- Be confident with lifting/carrying to help set up and pack down the circus space
- Able to use initiative and not be afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player and enjoy working with others
- Desirable - Some experience with circus arts
- Experience working with and engaging youth