Circus Handy Person
Circus Kumarani is a community-based organization using circus, creativity and social arts to promote wellness and build connections. We provide accessible classes, workshops, and events for people of all ages and abilities to engage with circus.
We are looking for people to help with the ongoing upkeep and maintenance of the Circus Kumarani Headquarters in Dargaville. There are many different tasks to be done, from gardening to repairing equipment, even sorting through our costume store!
Circus Kumarani is an equal opportunity provider. We encourage people of all ages and abilities to apply. Description of Opportunity
There are many different tasks to be done, below is a list of possible tasks:
Time Commitment and Location
- Come in and review our gardens / outdoor spaces and implement ongoing maintenance plan for them
- General cleaning and tidying
- Sorting and repairing/revitalising costumes
- Repair broken / damaged circus equipment and costumes (tools provided, but you’re welcome to bring your own!)
- Clean / repaint the front of the building (we have an idea for a design in mind, but we welcome creative input)
- Ideally this would be 1 day per week, for between 2 - 4 hours depending on the work being done.
- Hours and days can be flexible to fit with the person
- Thorough induction provided
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- May be eligible for receiving their First Aid certificate after some time
- We are happy to offer career development opportunities where possible
- A positive attitude and kindness towards people of all ages and abilities
- Able to use initiative and not be afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player and enjoy working with others