Community Garden - Working Bee (suit a team or group)
Are you a team or group who can help get our community garden prepared for the change in season? Could your workplace have people keen to help support a local garden?
We would love the support of a group (approx. 5 - 10 people) who could provide extra hands for 5+ hours to blitz the Summer weeds and help us prepare for the Winter. We would ideally like this to happen during the month of April.
We are an awesome community project, growing and developing a wonderful Food Forest in Onerahi. The garden is about providing fresh food for our community (of people, bugs and wildlife alike!) and a space where we can grow and learn together.
The gardens are well established, but we are still developing and growing as a group so there is always work to be done!
- No gardening experience necessary
- We welcome groups of all ages and abilities
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and grow vegetables!
- Bring you favorite garden tools and/or gloves if you have them
- Ideally joining us on a Thursday or Friday for a 5-6 hr working bee.
- Refreshments (tea, coffee etc) and good cheer will be provided