Rally of Whangarei VolunteerWe are excited to be holding the International Rally of Whangarei on May 14-16, 2021.
We are excited to be running the event again after the 2020 event was cancelled. We have several areas across the event that we require help with, including:
- Setting up the Ten4 Pohe Island Super Special Stage during the day on Thursday 13 May - heavy lifting, hammering in posts/signs and erecting fencing and mesh/marquees etc.
- Crowd control on Friday 14 May at the Ten4 Pohe Island Super Special Stage - ensuring spectators are safe
- Pack up of the Ten4 Pohe Island Super Special Stage at approx 9pm on Fri 14 May – physical work in the semi-dark involved
- Set up of the ramp for the prizegiving at Semenoff Stadium on Sun 16 May (lunchtime)
- Other volunteer positions at Rally New Zealand are available for those that wish to join as longer term volunteers and attend other events across the North Island
Above all, your role is to have FUN and enjoy the experience!
Please note: These roles involve a good level of fitness as a lot of the work is manual/involving plenty of walking. Days can be long with early starts/late finishes depending on the role.
Full briefing will be provided and buddying will be put in place where practical.
- A friendly smile and willingness to interact with the public and other volunteers.
- Enjoy a vibrant and loud rally atmosphere.
- A reasonable level of fitness