Clinic Host - Dargaville
Whānau Āwhina Plunket Northland is looking for warm people to host our weekly Drop-In Clinic in Dargaville on Mondays from 9am to 1pm.
Volunteering is all about being the first to smile, the first to say hello, the first to make someone feel they are seen.
Are you friendly, reliable, well organised and available to offer 3 to 4 hours one or more days a month?
If your application is successful, you will:
- Greet clients and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Support clients to complete paperwork.
- Communicate with nurses and clients about potential wait times.
- Keep our waiting area clean and tidy.
This busy role offers you an opportunity to become an ambassador for Whānau Āwhina Plunket and help make a genuine difference in the lives of young families.
A volunteer application process will need to be undertaken and full training will be provided.
No prior experience necessary but we are looking for people who:
- share our passion for the work of Whānau Āwhina Plunket and the family-oriented culture of our organisation;
- possess exceptional people skills;
- are confident with babies and young children;
- demonstrate an ability to self-motivate, take initiative and work without supervision.
Volunteers also need to be reliable and in a position to make a medium to long-term commitment to the role.