Meet and Greet - Botanica Gardens and Fernery
Botanica Whangārei is a horticultural complex where the public can come and enjoy a wide range of plants for free. The garden holds a great mix of colourful and exotic palms, orchids, bizarre cacti and succulents, fragrant subtropical plants, native ferns and filmy ferns.
We are looking for several friendly people to join our team and welcome visitors as they arrive and go in to enjoy their time in the gardens. We are looking to cover an 11am - 2.30pm shift on a Wednesday and/or Saturday
As these are new positions we will start with a 3 month trial and see how it works.
The main tasks will be:
- Meet and greet
- Answer questions for the public or find a staff member to help
- Keep foyer area clean and tidy
- Ensure brochures are available and hand these out to visitors
- Ad hoc tasks to support gardeners (watering or removing cobwebs etc) on occasion
- Induction will be provided
- Staff will always be on hand to help (there is no technical gardening/plant knowledge needed)
- Friendly and happy disposition
- Happy to enjoy the environment - it is not always busy so must be able to sit and enjoy the garden during quiet times
- Enjoy being around plants!