Positive Ageing Advisory Group membersCalling all older adults in Whangārei
We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic older adults to be involved in the work we do at Council!
The purpose of the advisory groups is to support Council’s vision of Whangarei being a vibrant, attractive and thriving District for all people living here. Advisory groups contribute to this vision by providing advice to Whangarei District Council on the following areas:
• Council policies, plans, strategies, design and capital works projects
• Matters of particular interest or concern to the communities they represent.
The advisory groups will:
• Contribute to improving the outcomes of the communities they represent
• Develop and deliver on strategic work programmes that align with Council’s key strategies and planning documents
• Build effective working relationships between their respective communities and the Council
• Connect Whangarei District Council into the youth, disability and positive ageing communities, and any other groups deemed to have a positive role to play.
PAAG meets every 3rd Friday of the month from 10am to 12pm
- Each advisory group will aim to meet between 8 - 10 times per year.
- Scheduled meetings will be a mix of open meetings, closed workshops, site visits community forums and, where it makes sense, joint advisory group meetings
Are you a person who:
- is keen to share your ideas, opinions and perspectives on Council mahi
- has a good understanding of the needs of the local ageing community
- has good connections with local older adult groups and communities
- knows a bit about Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and how it relates to older adults, and likes working as part of a team?
The closing date for applications is Sunday 30 January 2022.
- You must live in the Whangārei district and be at least 55 years of age.