Maintenance shed extraordinaire - project role
The Pioneer Village in Kaikohe is looking for someone to join our friendly team for a summer project to lead on the reorganisation of our maintenance sheds including a review of how the sheds, engines and tools are managed and maintained. We also need simple monthly maintenance processes to be put in place that can then be managed by long term volunteers.
Description of opportunity
- Review of what's in two shed (they contain engines, tools, equipment etc) and what can still be sorted and used or needs to be disposed – and then action the plan!
- Put a ongoing maintenance plan in place for engines
- Put a ongoing maintenance plan in place for tools and equipment
Time commitment and location
- Ideally 4 – 6 hours a week for a 6-8 week period
- Hours/days are flexible to fit with the person
On the job training and induction
- Mechanically minded with an understanding of engines, machinery and tools
- Positive attitude
- Able to use initiative and work without close supervision
- Be physically fit and not afraid of some elbow grease (literally)– the shed organisation/sorting will require lifting