Maintenance shed extraordinaire - project role
The Pioneer Village in Kaikohe is looking for someone to join our friendly team for a summer project to lead on the reorganisation of our maintenance sheds including a review of how the sheds, engines and tools are managed and maintained. We also need simple monthly maintenance processes to be put in place that can then be managed by long term volunteers.
Description of opportunity
- Review of what's in two sheds (engines, tools, equipment etc). Determine what can be sorted and used and what needs to be disposed of – and then action the plan!
- Put an ongoing maintenance plan in place for engines
- Put an ongoing maintenance plan in place for tools and equipment
Time commitment and location
- Ideally 4 – 6 hours per week for a 6-8 week period
- Hours/days are flexible to fit with the person
On the job training and induction
- Mechanically minded with an understanding of engines, machinery and tools
- Positive attitude
- Able to use initiative and work without close supervision
- Be physically fit and not afraid of some elbow grease – the shed organisation/sorting will require lifting