Meals on Wheels Kaitaia: Program Organiser
Being an active member of a community involves giving back to others. Meals on Wheels volunteer drivers have been delivering meals in Kaitaia since 1971!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable volunteer to coordinate the program to ensure we can continue to provide it in the future. What's involved:
- 2/3 hours of your time each week
- Coordinating a roster of approximately 30 volunteers
- Ensuring that meals are delivered safely and with care 5 days/week
- Maintaining relationships with the team of dedicated drivers
- Being available, by phone, for the drivers during the week
- Recruiting new volunteers for the program as needed
- Maintaining accurate records
- Liaising regularly with NDHB (which provides the meals)
- The opportunity to also become involved in other Red Cross initiatives
The role could be shared, for example by two people living in the same household. In order to keep in touch with what's happening on the ground it would be useful to also volunteer as a driver every now and then.
Red Cross staff will be only a phone call away for any support.
- Red Cross induction
- Role specific induction and support
- Health & Safety practices
- A passion for humanitarian causes
- Basic computer literacy
- Access to a computer and a phone
- A desire to give back to the community
- An ability to relate to people from different social and economic backgrounds