Metlifecare wants to create extraordinary living experiences for their residents in their retirement villages.
Would you like to utilise your driving skills to transport our residents from our residential aged care facility for outings and activities in the community?
We are looking for volunteer drivers who are reliable, patient and sensible to help transport our residents in our van. If you have some time free during the week, enjoy driving and helping others, we would like to hear from you.
- Orientation booklet,
- Generic Volunteer Job description,
- Driving task list,
- Basic first aid,
- One on one training from the Activity Coordinator.
- Volunteer drivers need to be competent, demonstrate safety when driving, and be able to transport our residents in the Selwyn Park van, carrying up to 12 people, and operate a wheelchair hoist.
- You must have a clean full NZ drivers license, agree to a Driver License Check and follow the organisation Transport Procedure.
- A first aid certificate is preferable, although training can be provided.
- Volunteer Drivers need to be patient, empathetic, friendly, interested in people, non-judgmental and mature.
- Good communication skills are required as some of our residents have difficulty with hearing and communicating.