Library devices teacher
Do you like being up to date with the latest technology that can influence our day-today lives? Do you enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people? Most essentially, do you have a passion for helping others? If yes, we have the right opportunity for you. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to teach blind and low vision clients to use our latest library devices like Alexa and Daisy Direct. This involves:
- Installation and set up of Alexa at the client’s location, enabling the Blind Foundation skill and guiding clients with the use of commands to search and listen to audio books and magazines.
- Or Daisy Direct a new service developed by Blind Low Vision NZ, which delivers DAISY audio directly to a dedicated mobile device for use with a DAISY player.
- Follow up call to client after visit to resolve any issues
Note, the volunteer coordinator is based in Auckland communicating using on-line technology.
- The Library will provide a training guide and full training in Alexa & Daisy Direct
- The Library will have a volunteer coordinator and/or staff who will provide any necessary additional training when required.
Attention to detail
- High level of information literacy and technology skills
- Ability to communicate with people in an appropriate and empathetic manner
- Own transport (petrol reimbursement option available)
- Personal Attributes and Values
- Able to work alone, self-directed or as part of a team
- Helpful and supportive attitude
- Interest in technology
- Problem solver