Snorkel Guides/Assistants for Community Guided Snorkel Days
We organise Community Guided Snorkel Days at around Northland during the Summer/Autumn Months, usually between 10am-3pm.
Share your passion for the water with others. Supervise participants to explore the waters of places like the Whangarei Harbour Marine Reserve at Reotahi , Maitai Bay and Pataua estuary. Discover pipefish, triplefins or nudibranchs and other reef fish.
Water based snorkel guides will each take a small group of the public (maximum 6), assisting them to snorkel and identify the fish they see. The groups will keep close to the shore on the whole and sessions will last about 20 minutes. Volunteer guides will do 2 - 3 sessions then take a break.
- A kayak or other vessel may support the groups and a full briefing will be held before the event.
- You will be buddied with an experienced guide to begin with.
- You will need to be an experienced snorkeler i.e. comfortable in the marine environment and have the ability to look after the group, plus a basic knowledge of what you're likely to see in the way of fish and other marine life.
- Able to follow instructions, fit and healthy and free from the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Volunteers are provided with lunch and a certificate.