The Pukenui Forest Trust was formed through community consultation to oversee the Pukenui/Western Hills Forest - the Lungs of Whangarei - and largest remaining area of native forest in the Whangarei District, located on the doorstep of Whangarei city.
Our dedicated Board Secretary has stepped down after 10 years of loyal service and we are looking for someone equally amazing to fill her shoes.
Board Secretary role includes:
- Preparing the agenda and taking minutes at our monthly Board Meeting and annual AGM
- Receiving and disseminating correspondence as may be required by the Trust.
- Helping out occasionally at local community events, promoting the work of the Trust (Kiwi release, Conservation Week activities, A&P show, community planting and weeding days)
- On the job training provided with help available from our previous Secretary while you settle into the role.
- Regular governance professional development available throughout 2020 via Volunteering Northland Governance Community Bites.
- Excellent computer/typing skills communication skills and an eye for detail
- A shared passion for kaitiakitanga and restoring our beautiful forest to its former glory
- Governance experience a bonus but we are equally keen to take on someone looking to gain experience
- Availability to attend monthly Board meetings held at the Quarry Gardens every 2nd Thursday of the month (5.30-7pm)