Communication and media coordinator
An experienced communication and media person is sought to bring together all the good news stories and put Piroa Brynderwyns Landcare group on the map. Our goal is to nurture and grow the 100+ North Island Brown Kiwi living in the hills behind Waipu & Mangawhai, foster the return of other native species and remove pest plants from this high value conservation landscape. Our grassroots based community groups are actively involved in pest trapping and weed removal over 23,000 hectares of land from SH1 to the coast. Stories will highlight the work of these groups and working bee events to foster local and visitor appreciation of how to look after our natural heritage and grow community involvement.
This volunteer role can be mainly done from home, is extremely flexible, approx 4 hrs a week, with travel to take photographs of events being undertaken by community groups.
Coaching and mentoring from experienced members of PBL Landcare group with business interests in Auckland and Whangarei. Specific requirements
- Qualified in media skills and communication to at least diploma level;
- equivalent of journalist/writing experience for media channel or commercial business,
- eye for a compelling photo to go with a story,
- expertise in social media content development and managing online content and channels also welcome.
- Fluent in writing and grammar in English essential.
- Must have an eye for a good story to capture hearts and minds of local community, and have high standards for content posting to social media.
- Preference for someone living in Bream Bay area to reduce travel time to events.