Radio Lollipop Volunteer
Radio Lollipop supports children and their families/whanau by providing care, comfort and play, through activities and games for children on Ward 2 at the Whangarei Base Hospital from 6.00pm - 8.15pm. Volunteers would attend one or two sessions per week.
We process at least two New Volunteer Intakes per year. Typically these are held at the beginning of the year February/March and mid year around June/July. Full training will be provided before you visit children on the wards as well as an annual refresher session.
- Training sessions must be completed to become a volunteer.
- A medical questionnaire and a police check need to be completed because the volunteers are working in the hospital environment with children.
Each volunteer brings their own unique strengths / imaginations to children in hospital. You will need to be adaptable and sensitive to provide times of quiet play and times of more upbeat fun with a wide range of age groups (babies through to teenagers).
You will be required to be a team player with a good understanding of hospital and Radio Lollipop expectations.
All volunteers are required to: Attend an Information Evening - this gives us the opportunity to give you a better understanding of Radio Lollipop and what's expected of our volunteers.
- Attend an Information Evening
- Be at least 18 years old
- Agree to NZ Police Vetting
- Vaccinations be up to date
- Provide two Referee's
- Be available to attend Training Sessions
Due to Covid19 effects, the next Information Evening and Volunteer Intake will take place Feb/March 2021.