Cattery and/or Kennel Assistants (Kerikeri)
We are looking for volunteers to help with the daily work of caring for our cats and dogs.
Duties can involve:
- Cleaning cages
- Feeding the animals
- Caring for the animals
- Walking dogs
You must be confident at handling animals, hardworking and reliable. We need volunteers that are prepared to commit to the minimum requirement of 6 months, are available during the week, and can understand written and spoken English.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling cats and/or dogs
- Are friendly, hardworking and reliable
- Are at least 18 years old (for safety reasons we can work with younger volunteers but they must be accompanied with a guardian that is 18+)
- We also find 'couples' work well at SPCA
- Mornings, 8am -10am (or thereabouts)
- Afternoons, 3-4pm (or thereabouts)
"On the Job" training provided Specific requirements
Flexible arrangements, pick your spot on the roster:
- Weekdays: 4 to 8 hours once a week.
- Weekends: 4 to 8 hours once every four weeks.