Special Olympics Bay of Islands Swim "Coach"
Special Olympics Bay of Islands Club requires extra hands with their swim sessions. Your support will benefit athletes who have intellectual disability or delayed development through the development of their swimming capabilities. Our organisation caters for all abilities so you may be involved in coaching swimmers at a fundamental level or, extremely capable swimmers.
We provide a year round sports training and competition programme, in a variety of international sports for children and adults who have an intellectual impairment, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
- A basic knowledge of swimming is required.
- You should be able to communicate with a diverse group of athletes and be ready to interact with athletes, other volunteers, carers, parents & administrators.
- You will be organised and have a positive and outgoing nature.
- You will become a registered volunteer with Special Olympics New Zealand and will need a police check.
- Occasionally there is a ribbon day held over weekend on either a Saturday or Sunday. The coach would be required to attend this with the athletes and other volunteers to support the athletes.
- We are looking for a long term commitment for this role.