Tutors (Literacy and Numeracy)
We promote and deliver accessible, quality literacy services designed to ensure people are critically literate and able to realise their full social, cultural and economic potential. We are looking for volunteer tutors. You will work with people who have energy and passion, providing assistance to members of the community aged 16 years and over who want to improve their literacy and numeracy skills in, and for, a range of contexts, for example, computing, driver education, work place, pre-employment, apprenticeships etc. The work can be challenging, is deeply fulfilling and offers possible opportunities for paid employment.
You will be provided with training and support to obtain the National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational). On going professional development will also be provided. Specific requirements
- Good English, and/or te reo Maori, literacy and/or numeracy knowledge/skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to connect well with people.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Committed to lifelong learning.