Trustee + Secretary
Volunteer remotely. Pioneer Village Kaikohe is in need of some new Trustees and a Board Secretary.
A Charitable Trust, the Pioneer Village Kaikohe opened in 1977 and is a Museum sitting on approximately 5 acres of leased Far North Council Reserve land.
It comprises historic buildings which have been brought in from around the district, including the oldest standing courthouse in New Zealand, a camera and movie projector display, vehicles and machinery displays and well kept park-like grounds.
We open 10am - 4pm Monday to Friday in winter and Monday to Saturday in summer, hosting a small number of national and international tourists and schools.
The board is currently working on Strategic Vision, Operational Organization and Process.
- Relevant Documentation will be provided.
- Generally board meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month 5pm - 6pm, however we can be flexible to accommodate.
- New Trustees will enhance our skills mix.
- The Board would particularly welcome interest from volunteers with Business Development, Marketing or Educational skills.
- Forward thinking and positive.