Clean Up Week 2018 (9-15 September 2019)
Registrations are now open, so it's time to get your school, business or local community group together to participate in New Zealand's largest clean up event.
Last year over 51,000 volunteers picked up 69,000kgs of litter at over 600 events nationwide. So, take some time out of your week to participate in a clean up event in your local area and let's make the G.J. Gardner Homes Clean Up Week bigger and better than before.
Join a "clean-up team" somewhere in Northland for one or a few hours or plan your own and Keep New Zealand Beautiful!
Below the teams, date, start-time and location (public events) that you can join.
- Mangonui, "Kaitiaki" Colonel Mould Drive, Monday 9th Sept, 9am-12pm,
- Hikurangi, "Marua Reserve Clean-Up" 23 Jellick Rd. Mon 9th, 10.30-12.30
- Whangarei, "Bank St Clean Up/Municipal Building Car Park" - Volunteering Northland and Literacy Whangarei, Tues 10th, 12.30 - 2pm.
- Tutukaka, Matapouri Beach, Weds 11th, 9.15 - 12.30pm
- Waitangi, "Kea Clean Up" Paihia Sea Scouts Hall, 26 Te Kemara Ave. Weds 11th, 5.30 -6.30pm
- Paihia, "Beach Clean Up" Paihia School, Fri 13th, 10am-12noon,
Appropriate clothing and equipment would be; good boots, hat, long sleeve shirts/trousers, hand rake and drinks