Radio Lollipop Volunteer
Radio Lollipop supports children and their families/whanau by providing play, activities and games for children on Ward 2 at the Whangarei Base Hospital and their visitors.
Our volunteers currently provide this service on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings between 6pm and 8:15pm.
We would like to extend this service to other nights of the week. Volunteers would attend one or two sessions per week.
- Training sessions must be completed to become a volunteer.
- A medical questionnaire and a police check need to be completed because the volunteers are working in the hospital environment with children.
- 18+ years of age.
- Team Player.
- Ability to have ridiculous amounts of Fun!
- Able to interact positively with other volunteers and children.
- Willingness to prioritize the needs of the children.
- Non-judgmental in attitude.
- Prepared to commit to becoming a volunteer for at least one year.