Join our amazing team in support of the Octagon Theatre
The Whangarei Repertory Society Inc is managed and run BY volunteers FOR volunteers who perform on stage for the greater Whangarei community.
We produce 4 productions per year involving 11 performances (evenings and matinees) each season. We need extra hands to work alongside our friendly teams in a variety of roles. Note hours depending on role: some on production days, some out of season, others any time. Here are just a few of the opportunities:
- Carpenters/handypersons – to help construct and dismantle stage scenery and/or billboards
- Painters – for painting scenery and décor
- Experienced Sound technicians
- Experienced Lighting technicians
- Licensed bar managers
- Business mentor/ideas person
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Back stage crew
- Stage Cast Members
- On-call security liaison officer preferably domiciled in The Regent area
- Building washers
- Working bee helpers
Come along and be part of the experience for which The Octagon is world-famous in Whangarei!
Previous experience in stage lighting and sound technology required, some basic carpentry skills are necessary where indicated and bar managers are required to be licensed by local council.