We are looking for friendly humans to join our team of volunteers who staff the EcoCentre from Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm.
We stock locally made goods and eco products, such as beeswax wraps, olive oil, baking soda, soap, produce bags, seedlings, and fresh garden produce. We have visitors come in with general enquiries about events, workshops and working bees.
Tai Tokerau Timebank also operates from our office and all our volunteers are rewarded for their time with time credits.
Volunteer shifts are 3 hours long, either from 10am - 1pm or 1pm - 4pm, Monday to Friday. You can volunteer for one shift a week if that's all you want to do, or more if you are keen!
Full training and support will be given by the manager, and volunteers with experience will also be supportive. Specific requirements
- Customer service skills are important as we aim to engage with our community and build lasting relationships
- Good telephone manner
- Taking cash payments and directing customers to online payment options
- Recording sales
- Using basic math
- Maintaining shop cleanliness
- Basic computer skills will be useful but not necessary
- An interest in the environment and community would be ideal.
Some of our volunteers sew reusable shopping bags, or make crochet wash cloths and other sellable goods during their shift. Others help by doing research into new products and projects.